Effective Date: October 10 2017
The App and Dash’s service providers do not use information collected through the App, including cookies or other persistent identifiers, to recognize a user over time and across different websites or online services, including other mobile applications.
Information We Collect
We and our service providers automatically collect certain information from users of the App (“User Data”). This includes gameplay data such as the game played and the duration of gameplay; the App’s version; your device information, such as platform, operating system version, and language; your Robot’s unique identifier and firmware version; and your Robot’s statistics, such as driving distance and time. We also collect certain App-related information that allows us to monitor and fix bugs or crashes within the App and to detect potential attacks, including the date and time of a crash; crash type and error message; stack trace (a report that provides information on a program’s subroutines); and App logs. The User Data we collect is stored under an anonymized unique ID and is not connected to your name or any other personal information about you.
We may also use the information we collect, either alone or combined with other data, to create aggregated, anonymized data (“Aggregate Data”), which also does not identify you personally. We may freely use and share Aggregate Data with our partners and service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
How We Use The Information We Collect
Dash uses the User Data that we or our service providers collect in the following ways:
- To enable the App and enhance your gameplay. For example, the information enables us to analyze crashes, fix bugs, and develop new features and services;
- For hosting and backend infrastructure, and infrastructure monitoring;
- To provide analytics;
- To operate our business, prevent fraud, analyze the use of our App, improve the content and functionality of the App, and better understand our users;
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements; and
- To compile and share Aggregate Data.
How We Disclose The Information We Collect
We may disclose the information we collect, i.e., User Data and Aggregate Data, to third parties for the following purposes, as permitted by law:
Our Business Partners: We may disclose the information we collect to our business partners, including Mattel, Inc.
Service Providers: We may disclose information we collect to our technology service providers, who use it exclusively to perform tasks on our behalf. We may also disclose information to third parties that provide analytics, as further described in the Analytics section below.
Legal Purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process (User Data is transferred to the US., and could therefore be accessed by U.S. courts, governments, and law enforcement agencies);
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
We use User Data collected by Dash and its service providers for the purposes of engaging in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting so that we can better understand how our customers use our App. In particular, we use Crashlytics (Google, Inc.) to capture information regarding crashes and other errors in the App so that we can perform analytics, fix bugs, and monitor our infrastructure.
Security and Retention
Dash Robotics, Inc.,
3942 Trust Way
Hayward CA, 94545